Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions, together with any and all other documents referred to herein, set out the terms under which Goods are sold by Us through this website, https://georgianwineclub.co.uk (“Our Site”). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and ensure that you understand them before ordering any Goods from Our Site.
Information About Us
• Our Site, https://georgianwineclub.co.uk, is owned and operated by Cenimex Ltd a company registered in England under 9864155, whose registered address is 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU. Our VAT number is 238 4298 80.
• We are a member of British Wine and Spirit Trade Association.
Access to and Use of Our Site
• Access to Our Site is free of charge.
• It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
• Access to Our Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
• Consumers may only purchase Goods through Our Site if they are at least 18 years of age. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old. We reserve the right to cancel and not deliver an order if we are unsure of this.
• The minimum order is 6 standard bottles (Case).
• We neither represent nor warrant that Goods will be available. We also cannot guarantee that specific vintages will be available. If a product is unavailable when you place the order, we shall contact you.
• We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices shown on Our Site are correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and to add, alter, or remove special offers from time to time and as necessary. Changes in price will not affect any order that you have already placed.
• All prices are checked by Us when We process your Order. In the unlikely event that We have shown incorrect pricing information, please note the following:
• We will contact you in writing before proceeding with your Order to inform you of the mistake and to ask you how you wish to proceed.
• We will give you the option to purchase the Goods at the correct price or to cancel your Order (or the affected part thereof). We will not proceed with processing your Order until you respond. If We do not receive a response from you within five days, We will treat your Order as cancelled and notify you of the same in writing.
• In the event that the price of Goods you have ordered changes between your Order being placed and Us processing that Order and taking payment, you will be charged the price shown on Our Site at the time of placing your Order.
• All prices on Our Site exclude UK VAT. UK VAT will be added to the total before the order is submitted. If the UK VAT rate changes between your Order being placed and Us taking payment, the amount of UK VAT payable will be automatically adjusted when taking payment.
Orders – How Contracts Are Formed
• Our Site will guide you through the ordering process. Before submitting your Order to Us you will be given the opportunity to review your Order and amend it. Please ensure that you have checked your Order carefully before submitting it.
• No part of Our Site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your Order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acknowledgement of receipt of your Order does not mean that we have accepted it. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending you a Confirmation by email. Only once We have sent you a Confirmation will there be a legally binding Contract between Us and you.
• Confirmations shall contain the following information:
• Confirmation of the Goods ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those Goods;
• Fully itemised pricing for the Goods ordered including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery and other additional charges;
• Payment for Goods and related delivery charges must always be made in advance and you will be prompted to pay during the order process. Your chosen payment method will not be charged until We dispatch your Goods.
• We accept the following methods of payment on Our Site:
• Debit and Credit Cards;
Delivery, Risk and Ownership
• Delivery charges are not included in the price of Goods on Our Site. The standard delivery charge to Mainland UK will be charged at £10.00 plus UK VAT. We reserve the right to change the shipping charge.
• We do not deliver to destinations outside the UK.
• All Goods purchased through Our Site will normally be delivered within seven days.
• We shall use a courier service to deliver your order. If after a few attempts delivery is not successful, we reserve the right to pass on the cost of redelivery in this event.
• Delivery shall be deemed complete once We have delivered the Goods to the address including, where relevant, any alternative address provided in your Order.
• The risk in the Goods shall remain with Us until they come into your physical possession.
• Ownership of the Goods passes to you once we have received payment in full of all sums due (including any applicable delivery charges).
• All deliveries should be inspected and notify us within 14 days of any faults or missing items. After 14 days you will be deemed to have accepted the Goods and no returns will be acceptable.
Faulty, Damaged or Incorrect Goods
• By law, We must provide goods that are of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, as described at the time of purchase. If any Goods you have purchased do not comply and, for example, have faults or are damaged when you receive them, or if you receive incorrect Goods, please contact Us as soon as reasonably possible to inform Us of the fault, damage or error, and we will be happy to arrange for a refund or replacement.
• Beginning on the day that you receive the Goods (and ownership of them) you have a 14 Calendar Day right to reject the Goods and to receive a full refund if they do not conform as stated above or for any other reason.
• To return Goods to Us for any reason under this Clause, please contact Us to arrange for a collection and return. We will be fully responsible for the costs of returning Goods under this Clause and will reimburse you where appropriate.
• Refunds (whether full or partial, including reductions in price) under this Clause will be issued within 14 Calendar Days of the day on which We agree that you are entitled to the refund.
• Any and all refunds issued under this Clause will include all delivery costs paid by you when the Goods were originally purchased.
• For further information on your rights as a consumer, please contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
Cancelling and Returning Goods if You Change Your Mind
• If you are a consumer in the European Union, you have a legal right to a “cooling off” period within which you can cancel the Contract for any reason. This period begins once your Order is complete and We have sent you your Confirmation, i.e. when the Contract between you and Us is formed.
• If the Goods are being delivered to you in a single instalment (whether single or multiple items), the cooling off period ends 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive the Goods.
• If the Goods are being delivered in separate instalments on separate days, the cooling off period ends 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive the final instalment of Goods.
• If your order is for the regular delivery of Goods over a defined period, the cooling off period ends 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive the first delivery of Goods.
• If you wish to exercise your right to cancel under this Clause, you must inform Us of your decision within the cooling off period. You may do so by email. Cancellation by email is effective from the date on which you send Us your message. Please note that the cooling off period lasts for whole calendar days. If, for example, you send Us an email or letter by 23:59 on the final day of the cooling off period, your cancellation will be valid and accepted. If you would like to contact Us, please use the following details:
• Email: [email protected]
• We may ask you why you have chosen to cancel and may use any answers you provide to improve Our Goods and services, however please note that you are under no obligation to provide any details if you do not wish to.
• Please ensure that you return Goods to Us no more than 14 calendar days after the day on which you have informed Us that you wish to cancel under this Clause.
• You may request that We collect the Goods from you. Please ensure that the Goods are ready for collection at the agreed time and location.
• Refunds under this Clause will be issued to you within 14 calendar days of the following:
• The day on which We receive the Goods back; or
• The day on which you inform Us (supplying evidence) that you have sent the Goods back; or
• If We have not yet provided a Confirmation or have not yet dispatched the Goods, the day on which you inform Us that you wish to cancel the Contract.
• Please note that if We issue a refund before We have received the Goods and have had a chance to inspect them, We may subsequently charge you an appropriate sum if We find that the Goods have been handled in a way that would otherwise entitle Us to reduce your refund.
• Standard delivery charges will be reimbursed in full as part of your refund. Please note, however, that We cannot reimburse for premium delivery. We will only reimburse the equivalent standard delivery costs when issuing refunds under this Clause.
• Refunds under this Clause will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Goods.
Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
• We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing Our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond Our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, riots and other civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond Our reasonable control.
• If any event described under this Clause occurs that is likely to adversely affect Our performance of any of Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions:
• We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible;
• Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions (and therefore the Contract) will be suspended and any time limits that We are bound by will be extended accordingly;
• We will inform you when the event outside of Our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of Goods as necessary;
• If the event outside of Our control continues for more than 30 days We will cancel the Contract and inform you of the cancellation. Any refunds due to you as a result of that cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible;
• If an event outside of Our control occurs and you wish to cancel the Contract as a result, you may do so. Any refunds due to you as a result of such cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 30 days of the date on which the Contract is cancelled.
Communication and Contact Details
• If you wish to contact Us with general questions, Goods or your Order, complaints or cancellations, you may contact Us by telephone at +44 (0) 771-8160026 by email at [email protected], or by post at 20-22 Wenlock road, London N1 7GU.
Complaints and Feedback
• We always welcome feedback from Our customers and, whilst We always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, We nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
• If you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with Us, please contact Us in one of the following ways:
• In writing, addressed to 20-22 Wenlock road, London N1 7GU
• By email, addressed to [email protected]
How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
• All personal information that We may collect (including, but not limited to, your name, address and telephone number) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act.
• We may use your personal information to:
• Provide Our Goods and services to you;
• Process your Order (including payment) for the Goods; and
• Inform you of new products and/or services available from Us (if you opt or have previously opted to receive it). You may request that We stop sending you this information at any time.
• In certain circumstances, and with your consent, We may pass your personal information on to credit reference agencies. These agencies are also bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 and should use and hold your personal information accordingly.
• We will not pass on your personal information to any third parties without first obtaining your express permission.
• For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. Information shared in this way will not be used for marketing purposes.
Other Important Terms
• We may transfer (assign) Our obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if We sell Our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by Us. Your rights under these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
• You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) without Our express written permission.
• The Contract is between you and Us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
• If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that / those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions. The remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall be valid and enforceable.
• No failure or delay by Us in exercising any of Our rights under these Terms and Conditions means that We have waived that right, and no waiver by Us of a breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions means that We will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
• We may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time in response to changes in relevant laws and other regulatory requirements. If We change these Terms and Conditions as they relate to your Order, We will give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and provide details of how to cancel if you are not happy with them. If you do opt to cancel, you must return any affected Goods you have already received and we will arrange for a full refund (including delivery charges) which will be paid within 30 days of your cancellation.
Law and Jurisdiction
• These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
• If you are a consumer, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.